Last night I got crazy in the kitchen and cooked a pasta dish I found from Sparkrecipes.com
I was craving pasta but wanted a healthier option compared to most high calorie pasta dishes.
After running to the grocery store to grab a few ingredients I stated cooking…and so did my roommate…
So here I am doing work on the stove.
And then my roommate in the process of making the most amazing “brownie cookies” or is it “cookie brownies”? We still don’t know. But what we do know is that they are amazing!
I am very happy to tell you that the pasta tasted great! Next time I may make a little more of the sauce though.
- 12 ounces uncooked whole-wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes or 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package, no salt
- Warm the olive oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook a minute. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes until tomatoes soften and some liquid evaporates. Slowly stir in spinach or arugula: cook until all leaves wilt.
- Drain pasta and toss pasta with warm tomato-spinach sauce. Garnish with cheese.
I added mushrooms to my sauce! I also think this would taste great with grilled chicken on top.