- Cranberry and Cilantro Quinoa
After hearing so much hype on the supper grain Quinoa…I still can’t get over why it’s spelled that way….I decided to jump on the band wagon and give it a try. Not having a clue what to make with it I turned over to the good old google search and found this recipe. Thank you Allrecipes.com for this delicious quinoa salad!
I enjoyed this with pita chips, making it a yummy snack!
Ok so Here’s the Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice or you can juice 1 lime
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pour the water into a saucepan, and cover with a lid. Bring to a boil over high heat, then pour in the quinoa, recover, and continue to simmer over low heat until the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Scrape into a mixing bowl, and chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- Once cold, stir in the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, curry powder, cilantro, lime juice, sliced almonds, carrots, and cranberries. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.