- PECAN-CRUSTED BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 2 eggs (I used egg whites)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped (mine weren’t finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups plain dry breadcrumbs
Toss together pecans and bread crumbs in one bowl. Stir together mustard and eggs in another bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture and then coat well with pecan and bread crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Corn & Veggie Burger
(For all of you who don’t cook, this is perfect)
1 Morning Star Grillers California Turk’y Veggie Burger (90 calories. 9g protein. 390 sodium)
1/2 Frozen Corn bag. Steamed in microwave.
- Spinach and Feta Pasta
- 12 ounces uncooked whole-wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes or 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package, no salt
- Warm the olive oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook a minute. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes until tomatoes soften and some liquid evaporates. Slowly stir in spinach or arugula: cook until all leaves wilt.
- Drain pasta and toss pasta with warm tomato-spinach sauce. Garnish with cheese.
I added mushrooms to my sauce! I also think this would taste great with grilled chicken on top.