Finally Went Grocery Shopping
Before I talk about anything, I felt I must share my roommates cupcakes she made last night. They had caramel melted on top and in the middle. Yum. I had a piece of one….delicious. I could have easily eaten 3…. or 10.
I stayed strong and walked away from the cupcakes and beat the temptation.
Now On To Todays Grocery Shopping. It was either I go to the store or eat oatmeal…again… for dinner because that’s all I had in the pantry.
I literally had NO food in the house and so I set out to the good old Publix to get the essentials.
This Weeks Food Essentials:
- Quaker Oatmeal (low sugar)
- Baby spinach + 2 different kinds of dressing (So I don’t get tired of the same old salad)
- Apple Slices (easy to grab for a snack)
- Carrots and Hummus
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Low Sodium Turkey and low-fat swiss cheese
- Fat Free Light CAROTT CAKE Yogurt!!!!!!!!! (I can’t wait to try this!)
- Asparagus and Frozen Corn
Grocery shopping can be easy or stressful. I stay away from the Snackity aisles and the “always tempting” ice-cream section. I have found it extremely helpful to go in knowing exactly what I’m getting, so I don’t have a reason to go down the junk food aisle. Don’t be embarrassed to make a list!
Now that I actually have food, I was able to make a healthy and lite lunch.
Half sandwich with Turkey, tomato, lettuce and low fat swiss cheese. Vegetable Terra Chips on the side!
What essential foods do you keep in your house at all times?